Sunday 20 January 2013

Day 3 and feeling better

Day 3 (Day 0 being the stem cell transplant) and I'm feeling better when it comes to the nausea.  I still have my ups and downs, one moment feeling dizzy and sick, the next....just feeling old, but overall it's improving day by day. My neurophil count is currently 2, so I'm not likely to go neutropenic until Tuesday....but we'll just have to wait and see what joys that brings!! Every meal time remains a chore, with absolutely no appetite, but realizing that I've got to eat.

It's been great to be able to keep in contact with many of you via text, Skype and phone calls, helps keep my spirits up and boredom to a minimum. Len and Marcus came up to visit yesterday and it was fun to hear Marcus' mad dog extreme winter sports stories from the hardcore peaks of Richmond Park....surprised the lad made it out alive!! Looking forward to seeing wifey again tomorrow...with a bag full of clean laundry....got to keep her busy!!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you're feeling brighter. Did you get a sweetcorn aroma with your stem cells? Sussex snow, that was fun for one day, but has turned to lethal ice! Even our dog slid over! Keep smiling and positive vibes for speedy recovery. Jackie.

    ReplyDelete