Thursday 28 June 2012

Rest week

Thought it was worth sending out an update now we're heading towards the end of my 'rest week' from the chemo. I'd already made the assumption that physically and emotionally, I wouldn't have the ups and downs of the previous two weeks. I knew this was a recovery period, and having been very fortunate with the side effects so far, I expected things to be stable and more settled. They have been. In truth, it's been the return to some form of normality in my daily life that has been the surprise winner this week. Just that feeling that things have reached some kind of equilibrium, following the turmoil of the previous weeks, has meant so much. It's also knowing that I head into the second cycle of chemotherapy being slightly more sure and familiar with things. Most importantly, it's been a non-prune week, and things are still moving down there.....result!!

Reference my previous post on 'laughing in the face of the law'....well, having an adult conversation with the parking warden over my ticket, here's a picture that my Swedish friend found and posted on Len's Facebook page. Winding up traffic wardens.....just how low do you think I can stoop!!

A rough translation from Swedish: 'Well...just start looking! You damn bloodsuckers! Hugs, David'


Moving on, I'd just like to thank you all again for your cards, txts, comments, words of support and positive vibes. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it and what a difference it has already made to my outlook and general well being. A massive thank you to you all!

I'm off to watch the Germany v Italy match now. Enjoyed the Spain v Portugal game yesterday. Clearly the likes of Ronaldo and Xavi don't prescribe to the pre-match donar kebab and chips that our English boys enjoy as part of their pre-match build up.

3 comments:

  1. Good news so far then. As for the dried prunes, I just had an IEM (check out Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio for the derivation) - thought this was a reference to a certain external part of the male anatomy - not internal.

    Priceless to see the faces of the "unbeatable" Germany fans last night. Not sure Ingerland would have been able to wipe the smirks off their faces in quite the same way.

    On the subject of "rage" incidents, ask Em what I got up to in Sainsbury's last week, lifetime ban looming......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, got all very emotional when the TV cameras zoomed in on the face of the German fan, with the tear starting to run down her cheek....honest!

      As for rage incidents, there I was thinking we were both meant to be maturing in our old age. Catch up soon and you can enlighten me.

      Delete
  2. David McDonald2 July 2012 at 21:06

    So Billy Boy, normality reigns in blighty.... Week 2 of wimbledon and its raining I see.

    England were knocked out of fottie and spain won again...well at least it gives their 25% unemployed something to cheer about I suppoze.

    I celebrate independence day ( from Britain ) over here this week, which is all a bit weird every year I must admit.... but its one of the very very few days the yanks actually take off.

    I still have no child, dog or car in the states and plod along mercilessly while trying in vain now to learn spanish ( odd as I have been with a latina for 8 years )

    Golf improving.....I now pass the ladies tees on more than one occurance per round and I plan to at the very least get to a point where I might have an evens chance to take your money...

    My new callaway fitted clubs ( thank you mr mickelson ) are still dating me and havent decided if they want to go "all the way" just yet.... damm things.....

    Keep up the good work matey.....

    Dave

    ReplyDelete