Monday 11 June 2012

First round

Just back home from the first round of chemo, with my rucksack full of various performance enhancing drugs. Thanks once again for the many texts I received. All went well and I'm currently feeling fine, after having both the Velcade (chemo) and the Zometa (bone strenghtening). Is it a good omen when you meet the hospital chaplain in the lifts on the way up to the ward, and he gives you a cheeky grin??

Anyway, so far so good and I've even been given an A&E Fast Track card. It sounds a bit like Chessington World of Adventures, where you pay a bit extra (or in this case get a disease) and you get to go to the front of the queue. Next session planned for Thursday so lets see how things go over the next couple of days.

Note to self, must shave lower arm as the most painful part of the day was having my hairs ripped off with the plaster......what a wuss!!


8 comments:

  1. Hi Pat only heard your bad news today. My thoughts are with you mate. Seems like you have quite a long road ahead of you. I'm sure you already have a lot of supportive family and friends out there but this blog is a fantastic way to keep everyone updated. Your humour seems to have remained intact, Keep Smiling mate we are all rooting for you. Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, this blog is really cool, it is good to keep up with how you are doing and good to hear your humour. Your dry wit has got you (and the rest of us) through some tough times, I'm sure it's up for this challenge too. So, as Adrian says, keep smiling, we are all behind you.
    Steve G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat.
    Just heard the news yesterday.
    Glad the first day is over without too much drama.
    I was thinking about you as you tackled yesterday as was everybody.
    We are all behind you as you make this journey, keep smiling and I'm also glad you're sense of humour is still there!!!!
    Best wishes, Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the comparrison to Chessington. You may need to prepare both arms!! where will you be shaving/waxing next?!!
    We are thinking of you patrick, lena and marcus. Remember to use and abuse us, your friends over the fence. R,J,H&M Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello mate, glad to hear the Chemo went well and you're all nicely shaven now... probably a bit too much information for some of the mums reading the blogg!
    Anyway keep taking the tablets and know that everybody's there for you.
    P.S Winking at a catholic priest in a lift probably not a good idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, a little flirtatious smile in the lift is no bad thing.....maybe better directed towards a nurse next time!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Pat.
    Just heard the news yesterday.
    Glad the first day is over without too much drama.
    I was thinking about you as you tackled yesterday as was everybody.
    We are all behind you as you make this journey, keep smiling and I'm also glad you're sense of humour is still there!!!!
    Edit: Good to see you today Pat, I thought I'd posted here but it didn't work, I always said I knew nothing aboout I.T!!!!
    Best wishes, Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr Hobanus
    I was out with Steve Morrow last night watching the footie , obviously I am here because he told me your news. Really lost for words, I am thinking about you and your family.
    I like the blog, excellent work.

    Mutters

    ReplyDelete