Monday 25 June 2012

Parking

I've been in work today and feeling much 'clearer' in my head than what I've felt over the weekend. Having struggled a little with sleep during the nights (which I was told could be the case), I'm hoping that things will level out over the next few days. All work and no sleep makes dad a slightly more miserable old git than the highs he usually manages to achieve in a good week...

Interestingly, my lack of patience was on full display last week when I managed to pick up a parking ticket outside my house. My hospital parking permit had slipped and covered the '2' on the 'valid to 30/9/2012' date on my residents permit. Marcus spotted the traffic warden issuing the penalty notice. I shouldn't be surprised, but it's so obvious how limited our (mine and Lens) tolerance is for any more of 'lifes little challenges' at the moment. Our bucket is full and our patience thin. Needless to say, I was very mature in the way I confronted the traffic warden.....your average 16 year old would have been so proud of my performance!

2 comments:

  1. Patrick can I take that the verbal volley of sarcasm the warden received resulted in the tearing up of the ticket.... alternatively I could send the Boyz around to his house....
    Keep battling my friend
    Cheers
    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat a bit of traffic warden therapy

    Steve M

    ReplyDelete