Tuesday 4 December 2012

The Great Unknown

Here it goes, let round two commence. Off to Hammersmith now for a night on the ward, so I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed for tomorrows fun packed central line (Hickman line) installation and 10 hours worth of Etoposide infusion. Current plan is to be out on Thursday, else Friday depending on my blood counts and reaction to the chemo.

My worries still centre around the great unknown....everything remains so variable and 'individual'. It appears that side effects and how I react could range from absolutely nothing to near death, and all that lies in between. Just doesn't sit well with your average 'black and white' engineering type. That's medicine for you, and something I'm getting used to. As my consultant has said, this disease and the medicine used to treat it does not read the books!

1 comment: