Monday 23 July 2012

San Miguel

Never has a pint of San Miguel tasted so good. It’s been a stable end to my rest week, and with Marcus at a sleep over on Saturday night, we decided to go out for a meal. Remembering having read in a medical journal somewhere that vodka enhances the effect of the chemo (bit like the steroids), we indulged in a cheeky vanilla vodka, ‘Absolut’ of course, as an hors d’oeuvre. Noting that the restaurant served San Miguel on tap as we walked in, surely it would have been considered rude not to place an order before we ate. Food was a lot better than expected and it was fantastic for the two of us just get out, chill, and have a good chat about non cancer stuff.

Up at the hospital now for the start of cycle 3 and having had a few good sleep nights, I feel rested and as prepared as I can be. They’ve taken my blood, which they do prior to every Velcade injection, but this time they’ll also be checking my paraprotein level again. Will get the results on Thursday…….I’m sure you can’t wait!!








3 comments:

  1. Hello sir. It´s Göteborg calling. Thanks for your congratulations at my 48th birthday, by postcard and SMS. Been drunk for two weeks at Gullholmen,back again and now waiting for taking over the local restaurant next week. Just found out that I not having enough money, but he is a chinese boy, I hope i can borrow from his family. Then the can stay at our home for a year. Have to ask Josefine about that. What are doing, at hospital or vacation or both? By the way, can everyone read this comment or what, I´m not used to this, 48 year old. Say hello to your family from us. Big hugs! Pelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er, yes...the whole world now knows about your blackmailing and slave labour business antics....nevermind my friend!! Hopefully meet up if we make it across to Sweden.

      Delete
  2. Well I for one will be checking in on thursday for the paraprotein level announcement

    Good work on the San Mig - at least you didnt hit the Artois!

    Steve M

    ReplyDelete