Tuesday 23 October 2012

Biopsy

I knew that straw was looking pretty short before I pulled it out of the bucket yesterday. The lucky looser gets to have a bone marrow biopsy today.......oh the fun of it all!! Just to let you know, if you hear any faint background screaming at around 12:30 today, just block your ears and go about your normal business.

So, I'll give you more of an update following yesterdays consultation when I get back. Need to decide whether a couple of cheeky vodkas down the pub beforehand will help in any way....or whether to just rely on the local anaesthetic!!

3 comments:

  1. Now I don't usually subscribe to the use of emoticons but I can't think of anything more appropriate for this situation. So :( and by the way there isn't much in life a couple of cheeky vodkas won't help with! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painful! Surprised you limit it to only two vodkas. Hope the results are positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had 2 biopsy's done without sedation... I will never do that again. I went to Mayo Clinic in MN and they did the biopsy with sedation... it took 10 minutes and I was waking up. Don't let those doctors tell you that you can't have sedation..... we all have enough pain without them making it worse!

    ReplyDelete