Monday 24 September 2012

An important cycle

Just returned from the hospital following my first injection of cycle six. We're now just holding our breath, with fingers and everything else crossed, waiting for the paraprotein results due on Thursday.

Unfortunately, I've had a cold for the last few days, which initially took me back to the Quasimodo days of cycle one. For whatever reason, when I pick these things up now and get run down, my eyes tend to puff up. I know what you’re thinking….Len’s clearly had enough of his mood swings and has given him a damn good beating. Not the case, as this week I’ve been on my best behaviour….aided by the fact I’ve been steroid free for 10 days!! Anyway, you'll be pleased to learn that the swelling has now subsided, enabling me to develop more of a 'just woken' Goofy look. That said, the cold remains and the results of todays blood test (for the medics amongst you) show a WBC (White Blood Cell) count of 9.4 and a C-reactive protein of 5mg/l, showing my antibodies are putting up a fight.
So, roll on Thursday, when I get my blood results. As I’ve eluded to in a previous blog, these results will probably determine whether I continue with the Velcade for further cycles, or move to another chemotherapy drug. Let’s pray for the former.

1 comment:

  1. Patrick,

    What do you mean "develop more of a 'just woken' Goofy look" you have always looked like that....
    Congrats on the 13th Anniversary (Len you have been a real soldier...)good to hear it was a lovely evening good for both of you.
    We are all thinking about you on thursday & fingers crossed & wishing for the best.
    George

    ReplyDelete